[R] variables in object names

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 22:20:49 CEST 2006

Hi Ken,

Not quite the way you're thinking about it, but yes, there is,
and it is very useful. See ?get for more information, but here's
the basics:

for(i in 2:5) {
  thismodel <- get(paste("model", i, sep=""))
  rsq <- c(rsq, summary(thismodel)$r.squared)
}

Also see ?assign for the opposite effect.

--
Sarah Goslee
USDA-ARS PSWMRU
Sarah.Goslee at ars.usda.gov