[R] Using XY location data to calculate ecological parameters

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Sep 12 16:05:14 CEST 2006

Assuming you only use the X direction to split the data into 10 m cells.

table(list(Species, round(X, digits = -1)))

This will generate a table with the number of seedlings per species in
each 10 m cell. Divide this by the area of each cell and you get the
densities.

Cheers,

Thierry

----

ir. Thierry Onkelinx

Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Reseach Institute for Nature
and Forest

Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance

Gaverstraat 4

9500 Geraardsbergen

Belgium