[R] plotting curves

Aldo Crossa aldo.crossa at wright.edu
Mon Sep 11 17:23:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to recreate plots of that follow a cubic form. The the
original graphs I'm looking at were produced with specialized software
(Delta Graph), and although I can reproduce it almost exactly with R,
the only difference is in the actual display of the curves I've plotted.
I've noticed that in R all curves are pixelated, regardless of howmany
points I use. Is there anything I can do to smoothen these graphs so
that they are no longer pixelated? I've tried saving it as a metafile,
postcript, etc., and although the I've been able to increase the
resolution, I haven't been able to fix the pixelation.

Thanks for your help,

Aldo