[R] augPred plot in nlme library

Afshartous, David afshart at exchange.sba.miami.edu
Sat Sep 9 17:13:28 CEST 2006

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your email.  I assume you mean age^2 instead of age.2 for
fm2a,
and for fm2b, I get the following error:

> fm2b <- lme(distance ~ age + I(age^2), data = Orthodont)
Error in lme.formula(distance ~ age + I(age^2), data = Orthodont) :
        iteration limit reached without convergence (9)

do you get his error as well?

Finally, the Pixel example on p.42 of Pinheiro & Bates gets the
quadratic plot w/o using I() as you do below; is this due to
a difference between S and R?

thanks!
dave

ps - sorry for not making the data available; if anyone is interested
please
let me know and I'll send it directly.