[R] augPred plot in nlme library

Afshartous, David afshart at exchange.sba.miami.edu
Fri Sep 8 23:18:13 CEST 2006

Deepayan,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Here are more details:

I have a grouped data object for repeated measures data just like the
Pixel grouped data object on p.42 of Pinheiro and Bates (2000).

comp.adj.UKV.3 <- groupedData(adj.UKV ~ Time | Patient_no/Lisinopril,
	data = comp.adj.UKV.frm, order.groups = F
	#labels = list(x = "Hour", y = "adj.UKV")
)

i.e., the response is continuous, Time is not treated as a factor, and
there exists two factors, one nested within the other (Lisinopril nested

witin patient, similar to Side within Dog on p.42).

I also fit a model very similar to their model:

fm1comp = lme(adj.UKV ~ Time + Time.sq, data = comp.adj.UKV.3, random =
list(Patient_no = ~ 1 , Lisinopril = ~ 1) )

However, the command below does not produce the fitted curves from this
model,
but rather it seems to be the fitted curves from a linear model.

plot(augPred(fm3comp))

Possibly augPred behaves differently in R than in S, but reading the R
help and
trying various other approaches has not solved this.

Thanks!
Dave