[R] help: advice on the structuring of ReML models foranalysing growth curves

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Sep 5 18:14:20 CEST 2006

FWIW, this model can also be easily fit with the lme() function (in the nlme
package) as the random effects are strictly nested. The only advantage in
doing so is that the lme tools for examining the model are somewhat more
developed and extensive (or am I just more familiar with them?)

Cheers,
Bert

- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box