[R] Reserve and biobase

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 5 17:21:55 CEST 2006

You should ask questions about Bioconductor software on the Bioconductor
list, you might also read the posting guide and provide version numbers
for all packages you are using (the output of sessionInfo is useful).

Biobase does not do any plotting, so where ever the action is coming
from it is unlikely to be Biobase that is doing it. I don't use Rserve
so I cannot comment on how that might interact with other software. I
have no idea what you are trying to do, but somehow you seem to be doing
a lot more than just loading Biobase - so why not try just doing that
and leave out all the other code opening devices (and why open two
postscript devices and then close them?).

Robert

saeedeh maleki wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I am using Rserve for R2.3.1.
>   every time after I load Biobase library, a new Graphics window  frame pops up. Could any onw know how can avoid it.
>
>   Best
>   Saeede
>
>   class testReserve {
>     RServeConnection rsCon = null;
>     Rconnection c = null;
>     Process proc = null;
>       try {
>       Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
>       proc = rt.exec(generalMetaData.rserveDir);
>       try {
>         c = new Rconnection();
>         c.eval("library(grDevices)");
> //        c.eval("graphics.off()");
>         c.eval("postscript()");
>         //load library
>         c.eval("library(tools)");
>         System.out.println(" load library tools");
>         c.eval(" postscript('foo2.ps')");
>         c.eval(" library(Biobase)");
>         c.eval("graphics.off()");
>         System.out.println(" load library Biobase");
>
>         }
>       catch (RSrvException ex1) {
>         System.out.println(ex1.getMessage());
>       }