[R] terms.inner

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:24:54 CEST 2006

Question:
  I am trying to impliment a function in R that we use quite regularly in
Splus, and it fails due to a lack of the "terms.inner" function in R.
The substitute is?

Part question and part soapbox:
Why remove terms.inner from R?  It's little used, but rather innocuous.

Mostly soapbox:
  I figured it was no big deal, as I originally discovered the use of
terms.inner from reading the plot.gam function.  So I'd just see what
plot.gam does in R.
 > plot.gam
 Error: object "plot.gam" not found

  Ok, I know this function has to exist.  I even remember that there is some
sort of multi-colon secret handshake that will convince R to let you look
at it, although I don't remember the form.  This Nixonesque passion with
hiding things is one of the reasons I still prefer Splus.

  	Terry Therneau
  	therneau.terry at mayo.edu