[R] How can I fit the secondary y axis legend on my graph?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:02:34 CEST 2006

>    Having a bit of trouble with plotting two y variables on the same
> graph. I cannot manage to get the secondary y axis label on to the right
> of the axis - it gets plotted beyond the graphic window I assume?! The
> way I constructed the graph is thus:

Chris, I would strongly suggest you find a different way of
visualising your data than using two overlayed line plots.  This type
of graphic is not an effective way of comparing two time series as it
can be so easily misread and misused.  See
http://junkcharts.typepad.com/junk_charts/2006/06/illusion_of_suc.html
and http://junkcharts.typepad.com/junk_charts/2006/05/the_crossover_l.html
for examples of this.

Hadley