[R] nonlinear least squares trust region fitting ?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Sep 2 10:12:34 CEST 2006

      1.  "Port" is NOT and R package but something more generally
available.  I just got 189 hits from Google for "nl2sol Port package",
some of which should answer your questions about that.

      2.  Have you considered 'nlminb' and 'optim'?  There is also a
"sequential quadratic programming" algorithm embedded in the code for
'garchFit{fSeries}'.

      3.  If you'd like more help from this listserve, please post
another question.  When you do so, please provide commented, minimal,
self-contained, reproducible code, as suggested in the posting guide
"www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  Please also help us understand
why you don't want Gauss-Newton -- in prose as simple and clear as
possible.  Doing so will increase your chances of a prompt reply that
will likely be closer to what you want.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves