[R] Local library under Windoze.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 16:02:40 CEST 2006

This warning is indeed really an error, but do you want all your downloads
to fail just because one does?  install.packages() behaves the same way on
Unices.

I was not aware that this works with relative paths for any version of R.
Try using a full path, which always works for me.

If indeed your filesystem is readonly, you will have problems in spades.
But is that box just dark and not ticked?  (That's a lovely Windows
gotcha that has caught people here many times.)