[R] Saving a function

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Oct 31 08:40:45 CET 2006

Hi

1. You can create your own package (set of functions) and load it
each time you start R

2. When quitting R you can save workspace. It will create a file
named .Rdata in which your function is defined. Then you can load
this workspace and use your function

3. You can use some of dput, dget, source, save, load to write your
function to a file and get it back to your R session

4. You can consult manuals and help pages (R-intro, R-exts) or go
through some texts available on CRAN to learn how exactly to do such
things.

HTH
Petr