[R] write to clipboard under Linux

Johannes Hüsing hannes at huesing.name
Sun Oct 29 07:33:53 CET 2006

Dear all,
I am trying to use the clipboard when writing a table.
Typing:

write.table(object, file="clipboard")

leads to the message:

Fehler in file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")) :
	'mode' für die Zwischenablage muss unter Unix 'r' sein

My interpretation is that I am not allowed to write into the
clipboard from a program called from R. Is there a way to
change this behaviour?
--
Johannes Hüsing        There is something fascinating about science.
johannes at huesing.name  One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture