[R] marks to sepearat bars

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Tue Oct 24 18:51:25 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:04 +0200, David Graf wrote:
> I'd like to insert always after 3 bars a small mark, so the groups of
> three can be distinguished easier.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> David

It would be helpful if you provide a reproducible example of what you
are attempting to do.

I can only presume that you are creating a barplot using the barplot()
function.

Take note of the example in ?barplot using 'beside = TRUE', which does
provide for a clear space between groups:

barplot(VADeaths, beside = TRUE,
        col = c("lightblue", "mistyrose", "lightcyan",
                "lavender", "cornsilk"),
        legend = rownames(VADeaths), ylim = c(0, 100))
title(main = "Death Rates in Virginia", font.main = 4)

Without seeing your actual data and plot, I would argue that additional
lines are not needed here.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz