[R] Posthoc tests for 3-way ANOVA analysis

A Ezhil ezhil02 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 11:25:08 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I have performed a 3-way ANOVA analysis for my
experimental data using aov function. My simple R
funtion for this is:

3aof <- function(x){
m <- data.frame(R,S,T, x);
anova(aov(x ~ R+S+T+R*S+R*T+S*T+R*S*T, m) )
}

Now, I am getting P values for all the main and
interactions effects. If I want to perform postdoc
test on one of my main effects, say T, what method I
should use (i have unequal sample size)? Is there
anyway I can extend my above '3aof' function to do
this?

I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Ezhil
Ph.D Student
School of Biotechnology