[R] mcmcsamp - How does it work?

Cleber N. Borges cborges at iqm.unicamp.br
Fri Oct 20 18:47:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am a chemical student and I make use of 'lme/lmer function'
to handle experiments in split-plot structures.
I know about the mcmcsamp and I think that it's very promissory.

I would like knowing "the concept behind" of the mcmcsamp function.
I do not want the C code of the MCMCSAMP function.
I would like to get the "pseudo-algorithm" to understanding
that it does.

I accompanied the threads [1] and [2] and 'googled' several terms but
I do not obtained success about this matter.

[ 1 ] fixed effects following lmer and mcmcsamp - which to present? -
8/8/2006
[ 2 ] mcmcsamp-CI instead of P-values - references? - 3/10/2006

Thanks in advanced for yours attention!

Cleber Borges