[R] [R-pkgs] New package Ryacas

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 00:54:02 CEST 2006

Its pretty limited right now but you can do this:

> library(Ryacas)
> d <- List(List(1, 0, 0), List(0, 1, 0), List(0, 0, 1))
> a <- Sym("a")
> a * d
expression(list(list(a, 0, 0), list(0, a, 0), list(0, 0, a)))
> PrettyForm("%")
/                    \
| ( a ) ( 0 ) ( 0 )  |
|                    |
| ( 0 ) ( a ) ( 0 )  |
|                    |
| ( 0 ) ( 0 ) ( a )  |

The ASCII representation of the matrix will look correct in R although its
possible that the email process munges it up so it may not look right
when you receive this.

Also there are also matrix examples on the home page, in the Ryacas vignette
and in the Ryacas-Sym vignette.

Note that by mistake the vignette labelled Ryacas-Sym in the package
itself is actually a copy of the Ryacas vignette so to see the actual
Ryacas-Sym vignette currently one must look at the one in the source repository:
http://ryacas.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/inst/doc/Ryacas-Sym.pdf