[R] set linetype with plotCI

JeeBee JeeBee at troefpunt.nl
Mon Oct 16 11:30:00 CEST 2006

Dear R-list,

I'm iterating several calls to plotCI [gplots], like so:

plotCI(
	x = xvals.f[sorted],
	y = yvals.f[sorted],
	xlim = c(xmin, xmax), ylim = c(ymin, ymax),
	pch = plot_symbols[graph_idx], type = "b",
        lty = plot_linetypes[1],
	col = plot_colors[graph_idx],
        barcol = plot_colors[graph_idx], uiw = NA,
	xlab = "", ylab = "",
	add = (plot_cnt > 0)
)

This works fine, the result is four graphs exactly like I want them.
Except for one thing, the lty is not used.
I understand this is because plotCI uses the lty argument for the uiw
bars which I am omitting (but want to add later, so I do want to call
plotCI).

For testing I called plot instead of plotCI and
commented the line with the barcol and uiw arguments.
The linetype was set correctly, however, only the first of four lines got
plotted.

Can somebody point me what's wrong???
Thanks in advance,
JeeBee.