[R] Mute script

Alexandre Aguiar asaguiar at spsconsultoria.com
Mon Oct 16 00:29:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I tried to run the following script with R 2.4.0. The data stuff is commented
out because data are already in memory.

#db <- read.csv("normais.csv", sep=";", quote="", header=T)
sink("normais-chi.txt", append=T, type = "output", split=T)
#sink("normais-chi.txt", append=T)
table(db$agua, db$mBerg)
chisq.test(db$agua, db$mBerg, correct=F)
print(table(db$agua, db$mBerg))
print(chisq.test(db$agua, db$mBerg, correct=F))
# here there are several other table/chisq.test pairs
sink()
#rm(db)

By introducing syntax errors in the script error messages will appear but
normal output won't neither at screen nor at the sink file.
On the other hand, by inserting print commands I get both screen and file
outputs.
Is it necessary to use the print command in every line? In interactive mode
the simple command will produce the proper output. Or do I have a
configuration problem?

Haven't found the answer elsewhere in teh Net.

Thanks in advance.

--

Alexandre Aguiar
Independent consultant for medical research