[R] Differences in estimates calculated in R and SPSS

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 14 17:18:19 CEST 2006

On 14 October 2006 at 16:59, Katja Walentowitz wrote:
| I am a bit confused because I get different estimates for the regression
| coefficients from R and SPSS.
| Does anyone have an explanation for this?  As I am not so experienced in
| data analysis, I don't know why this happens.

Maybe you are not estimating the same model -- one may have an intercept, and
the other doesn't.  Or maybe something happens while you read the data --
start by comparing summary statistics, tabulations and plots of your data.

But as you didn't tell what you estimated, and how, it is a tad hard for use
to guess.  There is a Posting Guide recommending how to phrase questions and
what to suplly ...

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison