[R] Old packages or Update R?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sat Oct 14 13:03:34 CEST 2006

Martyn Plummer <plummer at iarc.fr> writes:

> On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 21:40 -0700, Marc Fischer wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've got a box running Redhat 9 with R 1.7.1.  I need the "foreign"
> > package but the one on CRAN is for the current rev of R (i.e.,
> > 2.4).  Problem is I am naive and also can't find the R-2.4.rpm
> > appropriate for RedHat 9.  Can someone suggest a repository of old
> > packages or do I need to build (sounds frightening) R 2.4 for RedHat 9?
> >
> > -Marc
>
> Red Hat 9 is not supported any more: not by Red Hat, and not even by the
> Fedora Legacy project (since Oct 1st). So I don't produce red hat 9
> RPMS. Sorry.
>
> Martyn

Hum. I went to try it out exactly how hard it might be on my old RH8
(eight!) server these days and got as far as

[pd at butterfly r-devel]$ svn up
-bash: svn: command not found

and subversion is not in the APT repositories. Perhaps I should turn
that machine off and find a cheaper way to heat up my basement...