[R] r 2.4.0

victor vicctorr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 00:07:19 CEST 2006

Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Dominique Katshunga wrote:
>> Can someone help interprete the error message below? i was trying to
>> load the package "copula" from the R command prompt.
>>
>>> Error in loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc), keep.source = keep.source) :
>> in 'copula' methods specified for export, but none defined: show,
>> summary, persp, contour
>> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'copula'
>> Thanks,
>> Dominique
>>

> You have to reinstall all packages depending on "methods" after upgrade
> to R-2.4.0.
>
> For convenience, type:
>
> update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE)
>
> Uwe Ligges

Quite similar(?) problem occured after updating to 2.4.0 in a case of
flexmix package. The error message:

 > library(flexmix)
Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
         internal error in R_decompress1
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'flexmix'

I was using as you recommended 'update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE)' and
the error still occures. Have any an idea what to do in this case?

Thanks!

victor