[R] accesing MySQL through JDBC

Your EPEC ICT Team - Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at environmentalchange.net
Mon Oct 9 23:06:15 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Completely new to this list and completely new to R so, please, accept my apologies in advance if any question is too basic or out of place. Thanks.

After reading some docs, googling around and searched the mail lists I've only found spare references to accessing databases. Among these references, few are related with JDBC and none of them include both MySQL and JDBC access.

Our group is considering to move to R from SPSS, SAS, StatGraphics and other minor statistic packages. We need to support a diverse group of users playing with several Windows and Linux flavours, Mac OS X and some more exoteric s.o. solutions. At the same time we are moving all our data to MySQL servers. And the connection between MySQL and office and research software applications to JDBC.

Please, does R support JDBC access to MySQL databases? Could you point me in the right direction to find some documents about this issue?

Thanks you very much,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez