[R] error in save.image

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Sun Oct 8 17:15:36 CEST 2006

Greetings R-ians:

Not infrequently of late I get this error message when trying to save what
I'm working on.

Error in save.image("C:/Documents and Settings/ ... /.RData") :
        image could not be renamed and is left in C:/Documents and Settings/
... /.RDataTmp10

If I try again, it almost always is successful.  I don't recall having had
this situation earlier, but it does seem more frequent lately.

Have others observed this?  Could it be because my workspace has become
large?  (Large being relative: 660KB)

I'm using Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01) running Windows XP on a Dell with 2Meg.

Thanks.

Charles Annis, P.E.

PS - Yes, I have upgraded to R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03) but do not want to
change in the middle of a project.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com