[R] a question on using arules package

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 01:48:21 CEST 2006

hi, there:

I have a question on use of arules package:

suppose i have a classification problem with class id = 1 or 0.

i put predictors and class ids together and tranform all of them into
binary thus i got a binary matrix. When I build the rules from it, I
subset the rules to 2 by defining rhs %in% "classid = 1" or "2".
(Actually i can build rules from two seperate datasets (by classid)
and use eclat to get most frequent itemset).

Anyway, I am thinking to use "chisq" or something to test the
differentiating power of "lhs" and look for the most powerful "lhs".
But I just don't know how to do it. Maybe someone can explain to me
about the structure of "rules" from that package.

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D
Research Scientist

"Did you always know?"