[R] compiling rgdal package on windows / macos

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 00:46:58 CEST 2006

Greetings:

As I am not a windows user, I cannot try this: is it possible to install rgdal
on windows without having to compile it from source ?

Compilation on MacOS is within my abilities, however each time i try and
install the rgdal package it dies complaining that it cannot find
gdal-config --- which was recently installed with GRASS. I have updated my
PATH environment variable, logged out, but R still cannot find the
gdal-config program.

any tips on getting the rgdal package up and running on MacOS or Windows would
be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette