[R] Linear model with hidden variables

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Oct 4 14:44:51 CEST 2006

Dear Richard,

This looks like a latent-variable structural-equation model of the kind that
one can fit with the sem package. If, however, both of the Y's affect all of
the Z's, then the model isn't identified. (You also don't say what you
assume about the errors from different equations -- are they correlated?)

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology