[R] Some questions about plotting with R

Wee-Jin Goh wjgoh at brookes.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 11:02:48 CEST 2006

> This isn't in  R-and-octave.txt: I'll add it when I get a minute.
>
> And come to think of it, R-and-octave.txt doesn't mention plot3,
> probably because it's not implemented in octave AFAIR.
> I'll add a section of 3D graphics, When I Get A Minute (tm).
>
> You also have p3d() of the "onion" package for 3D plotting,
> which you might find closer in spirit to the matlab functionality.

Thanks for all the information given so far! It's been absolutely
terrific!

Currently, I'm creating new devices using quartz() since I'm on the
Mac. On my Linux box, I'd use X11() as suggested. This works
beautifully.

For 3D plots, p3d from the onion package works pretty much exactly as
plot3 does on Octave and Matlab.

Thanks a lot for the help. You guys are great.

Wee-Jin