[R] how do I tell configure where to find Java? [Broadcast]

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Oct 3 21:30:43 CEST 2006

Before I do that, I would need to remove the gcj stuff that are in /usr/bin.
If I know how to remove gcj, I'd gladly do that.  However, for the
particular version of the OS, the entire GCC seems to be bundled into one
rpm, and I could not remove just the gcj component.  Neither do I wish to
mess with files that are part of some RPMs--- in my experience that's
invitation for trouble later.

Best,
Andy

From: mike waters