[R] Wilcoxon Rank test of Package Coin

Henric Nilsson henric.nilsson at statisticon.se
Sun Oct 1 14:29:28 CEST 2006

Jue.Wang2 at sanofi-aventis.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running the following example which can be found on page 12 of
> the pdf file of COIN package
>
> wt<-wilcox_test(pd~age,data=water_transfer,distribution="exact",
> conf.int=TRUE)
>
> "wt" actually contains the estimate of difference in location and the
> confidence interval of it.  I am just wondering how can I extract
> these values? From the examples, I understand that the Wilcoxon
> statistic can be extracted as statitic(wt,"linear") and the exact
> two-sides p-value can be extracted as pvalue(wt)
>
> But I haven't been able to find the correct function to extract the
> estimates of difference median of y-x) and the confidence interval of
> this estimates.

Take a look at the help page for `wilcox_test', where it's clearly
spelled out in the `Value:' section that "...Confidence intervals can be
extracted by 'confint'."

 > confint(wt)
95 percent confidence interval:
  -0.76  0.15
sample estimates:
difference in location
                 -0.305

> Shall I go back to the  package ExactRankTest? I do
> know how to extracted these values from function wilcox.exact there.

Compared to `coin', the `exactRankTests' package is very limited in
function.

HTH,
Henric