[R] reshape command is (stats) dropping instances

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:11:00 CET 2006

I would really appreciate it if anyone could determine what is going
on with the following command. It is only half-working and is losing
lots of data. For the life of me I cannot even see the pattern of what
it is losing and what it is not.

I am attaching the R data set which you can use with the Load
Workspace menu function.

WideICA<-reshape(ICA,v.names=c("OD","Thickness","Surface.Cover"),idvar=c("Strain","ica","Rep","Locations"),drop="Growth",timevar="Time",direction="wide")

The following two commands should give the same data (other than the
missing values) but they do not.

ICA[ICA$Time==6,"Surface.Cover"]

WideICA$Surface.Cover.6

--