[R] questions

giuseppe scasserra giuseppe_scasserra at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:26:37 CET 2006

hi, my name is giuseppe and i am an engineer, i am using R for regressions
analysis using mixed random effects model, funztion "nlme".
quastions are:
1) when i ask for the summary after a regression using nlme function the
program gives me the values of the coefficients and also the standard
deviation of the random effect but if i ask for the function
sd(random.effects(model)) the value is different, why?
2) which is the real meanings of the function "residuals" in the nlme
function ? (analitically)
3) have you got any suggestion about books or papers about nlme function in
R ?
thanks in advance
Giuseppe