[R] automatic cleaning of workspace

Leeds, Mark (IED) Mark.Leeds at morganstanley.com
Tue Nov 28 00:29:47 CET 2006

I'm having that problem where I am sometimes using an object that's from
a previous workspace when I don't want to be doing that. I was thinking
of putting rm(objects=ls()) in my first.R function But, the problem with
doing this, is that it doesn't prompt you with "are you sure" and there
could be very rare cases where I don't want to delete the workspace ? Is
there a way to
make the cleaning of the workspace automatic but still prompt you ? I
guess I can always just try to remember to manually
do rm(objects=ls())when I start up in whatever workspace I am in but I
don't think I can trust my memory. Thanks.