[R] RSQLite basic

Alexander Nervedi alexnerdy at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:33:55 CET 2006

Hi.

I am still trying to figure out how connection and RSQLIte function. When i
run the following commands

library(RSQLite)
m <- dbDriver("SQLite", max.con = 25)
con <- dbConnect(m, dbname="sqlite.db")

on my windows laptop everthing works fine. For example:

>m <- dbDriver("SQLite", max.con = 25)
>con <- dbConnect(m, dbname="sqlite.db")
>version
               _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          4.0
year           2006
month          10
day            03
svn rev        39566
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)

However, this gives all kinds of errors when I run it on a linux box and I
am not sure what the error message is telling me. I thought I'd crave your
indulgence and ask for advice.

>m <- dbDriver("SQLite", max.con = 25)
>con <- dbConnect(m, dbname="sqlite.db")
Error in sqliteNewConnection(drv, ...) : RS-DBI driver: (could not connect
to dbname "sqlite.db"
)

>version
               _
platform       i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i686
os             linux-gnu
system         i686, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          4.0
year           2006
month          10
day            03
svn rev        39566
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)

thanks

- the nerdy.