[R] odfTable: how to escape <

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Mon Nov 27 15:29:10 CET 2006

Francesco,

odfTable writes out a table in xml format directly into an xml file. The
issues is that the characters "<" and ">" (among others) have to be
converted to "&gt;" and "&lt;".

I will build a new version where this happens automatically. In the
meantime, you should be able to use the colnames argument of odfTable
and odfTranslate to convert the column headings:

  > odfTranslate("these need to be fixed: < and >", toR = FALSE)
  [1] "these need to be fixed: &lt; and &gt;"

Max