[R] Logistic regression model (Urjent help needed)

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Nov 21 01:15:10 CET 2006

nitin jindal wrote:
> I am using logistic regression model (lrm) of package Design.
>
> Can some one please tell me how to calculate the average Area Under Curve
> (AUC) for n-fold cross-validation
>
> The help for lrm function says to do cross validation like this
>
> f <- lrm( cy ~ x1 + x2, x=TRUE, y=TRUE)
> val <- validate.lrm(f, method="cross", B=5)

You can just say validate( . . . ) instead of validate.lrm

> Now I dont know what to do with variable "val" to get the average AUC value.

Just print it and look at "index.corrected" under the Dxy row.  Somer's
D rank correlation is related to AUC (C) by Dxy=2(C-.5)

Note that the default method of 'boot' works much better than
cross-validation for this purpose, and both methods assume that x1 and
x2 were the only variables or transformations examined.

Frank