[R] Ryacas not working properly

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Nov 19 16:11:52 CET 2006

"Paul Smith" <phhs80 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 11/19/06, Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You might try posting your problem on the comp.os.linux.networking
> > group since it appears to be a configuration problem with telnet
> > on your machine.
>
> Thanks, Gabor. I am going to do that and I will let you know about the result.

In particular, check whether you're firewalling yourself out.
System/Administration/Security Level and Firewall -- I suspect that
you have to add the ryacas port there. ("Suspect" meaning that I'm not
sure that you really need this even for unprivileged ports on
localhost, but it could be worth the try.)