[R] Newbie problem ... Forest plot

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 14:30:37 CET 2006

At 15:59 16/11/2006, Peter Bolton wrote:
>Hello!
>I have some data stored into 2 separate csv file. 1 file (called
>A.csv) (12 results named Group1, Group2, Group3, etc...) odds
>ratios, 2 file (called B.csv) 12 corresponded errors.
>How to import that data into R and make forest plot like I saw
>inside help file Rmeta and meta with included different font colors
>and names trough X and Y axis.

You need to show us what you tried, and why it did not do what you
want, for us to be able to point you in the right direction.
I think you also need to get a good book on meta-analysis if you
think that meta.MH from rmeta is the right tool for your datset

@BOOK{sutton00,
   author = {Sutton, A J and Abrams, K R and Jones, D R and Sheldon, T A and
            Song, F},
   year = 2000,
   title = {Methods for meta-analysis in medical research},
   publisher = {Wiley},
   address = {Chichester},
   keywords = {meta-analysis, general}
}
may help you.

>I know for meta libb
>out <- metagen(name1,name2)
>plot(out,xlab="abcd")
>
>But I need for my data to look like this? (copy from help file rmeta)
>
>library(rmeta)
>op <- par(lend="square", no.readonly=TRUE)
>data(catheter)
>a <- meta.MH(n.trt, n.ctrl, col.trt, col.ctrl, data=catheter,
>              names=Name, subset=c(13,6,5,3,7,12,4,11,1,8,10,2))
># angry fruit salad
>metaplot(a$logOR, a$selogOR, nn=a$selogOR^-2, a$names,
>          summn=a$logMH, sumse=a$selogMH, sumnn=a$selogMH^-2,
>          logeffect=TRUE, colors=meta.colors(box="magenta",
>              lines="blue", zero="red", summary="orange",
>              text="forestgreen"))
>par(op) # reset parameters
>
>Of course if someone have better idea to import data - not trough
>csv file no problem any format is OK - data frame or something else
>and to make forest plot ... no problem ... I need them on the forest plot.
>Greetings...
>Peter Boolton
>MCA adcc..

Michael Dewey