[R] overwriting S4 methods

Peter Eiger Peter.Eiger at gmx.net
Thu Nov 16 18:54:49 CET 2006

Hi,

Overwriting existing functions with new versions is done pretty easily by sourcing the altered versions.
I tried the same for a S4 package method, but this resulted in an error message (complaining about arguments).  The new method version is the old one but with an additional argument. THe method is ok, if I do not try to overwrite the old version but load everything fresh, it works fine.
This is cumbersome for testing proposes, so is there another way to overwrite  methods?
A hint to a good link on S4 methods would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Peter