[R] can I get standard error from predict.gam()?

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 22:54:09 CET 2006

Hi Kevin,

sadly, you have (again) not provided enough information to enable us
to make a constructive response - for example, what package are you
using?  I assume that it's not mgcv, as mgcv does have a predict.gam
with an se.fit argument:

predict.gam               package:mgcv               R Documentation

Prediction from fitted GAM model

Usage:

     ## S3 method for class 'gam':
     predict(object,newdata,type="link",se.fit=FALSE,terms=NULL,
             block.size=1000,newdata.guaranteed=FALSE,na.action=na.pass,...)

But -- maybe I'm wrong.

Furthermore, we can't tell from your note in what way se=T or se.fit=T
is "no use".  What is the error message?  Please try to read the
posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide
commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Cheers,

Andrew