[R] Confidence interval for relative risk

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Nov 12 16:58:13 CET 2006

      When I have refereed manuscripts for publication and have been
unable to get their answers, I have told the authors they need more
explanation of their methodology -- while summarizing what I tried in a
few lines.  I've even told some that it would make it vastly easier for
the referees and increase the potential readership for their article if
they make R code available -- at least downloadable somewhere and
preferably in a contributed R package, where it could attract interest
in the article from audiences who would not likely find it any other
way.  I've done this for articles that were NOT written to specifically
describe statistical software.

      I have not followed all of this thread.  However, one suggestion I
saw looked like it used the "delta method", if I understood correctly
from skimming without studying the details carefully.  Have you also
considered 2*log(likelihood ratio) being approximately chi-square?

      Just my 2e-9 Euros (or 2e-7 Yen or Yuan).
       Spencer Graves