[R] have I an actual matrix?

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your EPEC ICT Team webmaster at environmentalchange.net
Wed Nov 8 20:53:34 CET 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 11:12 AM, Patrick Burns wrote:

> My guess is that you have a data frame and not a matrix.
> Try
>
> barplot(as.matrix(rs))
>
> See chapter 1 of S Poetry for an explanation of data structures
> in R.

Thanks, Patrick,

You are completely right. I've been trying to plot a data frame. I'd
found a file this morning written by a Portuguese professor at Lisbon
that helps me a lot. Allow me to post here the link even though it is
already available at http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html. I'm
guessing it can be of much help for newcomers like me myself.

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Torgo-ProgrammingIntro.pdf

With your help and much more reading I will master R in some more...
years! :-)

Best regards,

Ricardo