[R] Hmisc, latex cdec not as expected - again

Henrik Frederik Thomsen HFTH at DCE.AU.DK
Mon Nov 6 14:28:44 CET 2006

Hello all.

Sorry for reposting this message, but I accedently sent it in
HTML-format the first time.

I have encountered at problem when using the Hmisc package to generate
latex-tabels.

I can't seem to control the number of digits in the latex-file. I have
used the Design and Hmisc packages for a while without this problem, but
after upgrading to R-2.4.0 the problem has occured.

I have made a clean installation where I uninstalled all earliere
version
of R, and I re-installed all packages.

Below is a simple example, where the output has 15 digits after the
decimal-point.

I have then tried to use the 'digits'-option, but that gives an error.

R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
Copyright (C) 2006 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

> library(Design)
>
> tmp <- data.frame(x=c(1.0002, 2.013), y=c(1,2))
> tabel <- summary(x~y, data=tmp)
> latex(tabel, cdec=3)
> latex(tabel, digits=3)
Error in format.df(object, dcolumn = dcolumn, na.blank = na.blank,
numeric.dollar = numeric.dollar,  :

        only one of digits, dec, rdec, cdec may be given

I hope someone can help.

With kind regards Henrik