[R] about R install

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Nov 6 09:33:32 CET 2006

"Yang Jie" <elle39yang at hotmail.com> writes:

> Dear Sir:
> >      I am a chinese researcher who interested in miRNA, and I want
> > to use
> R to analysis my data.I have download R-2.4.0-win32.exe and install it
> smoothly on my
> > computer,but when I want to use this software, error occurs,it
> > shows" R
> for
> >
> > windows GUI front-end meet some problems" and the interface closese
> > automatically, I don't know what happen.
> >      My computer is Windows XP operating system and hard disk space is
> > enough
> > for me to run this software.Can you give me a help? Thanks a lot!
> >      Best Regards.
> > Jie Yang

Is your computer speaking Chinese? If so, you can either set the
language to English (see installation and administration manual), or
install the current patch version, available from CRAN.

(Apparently, some translations were using the wrong encoding. It was
unfortunate that this slipped into the release, but since there are no
Chinese speakers in R core, we rely entirely on people checking the
alpha and beta releases, and noone did...)