[R] tcltk difficulties

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Sat Nov 4 13:13:19 CET 2006

Friends:

I have a tcltk widget for inputting constants and other values that are
needed by subsequent R functions.  My widget works well.  I have an OnOK
function that does what I had hoped it would.  Among other input items the
widget also uses 6 radio buttons to select one of 6 choices.  It functions
as it should.

Here is the problem:  I would like one of the buttons to be the default and
to be switched on when the widget is created so that the user will have some
guidance.  (Currently all 6 buttons are blank until one is selected.)  I
can't handle the job.  I have Welch and Jones _Practical Programming in Tcl
and Tk_ but would appreciate any help from fellow R users.

Many thanks.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com