[R] Installing a package - and making it work?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 3 11:19:40 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Hvidberg, Martin wrote:

> Dear list
>
> - Propoerly a beginner question, so bare with my frustration...

Yes, and posting to R-help three minutes after posting to R-sig-geo, the
correct list - raises the question about who's time is more important,
doesn't it?

What does help.search("read.dbf") tell you?

(hint: read.dbf() in shapefiles calls read.dbf() in the recommended
"foreign" package, which is certainly already present in your (unstated)
Windows binary R 2.4.0 installation.)