[R] Help on glmmPQL

Francisco Redelico redelico_f at yahoo.com.ar
Wed May 31 16:54:22 CEST 2006

Dear R-Users,

I am trying to fit a generalized linear mixed models
using glmmPQL,

mymodel.glmm = glmmPQL(efect~ time+ cov1+ cov2,
                    random = ~ fact1+ fact2+ fact3+
fact1*time + fact2*time+ fact3*- cov1 - cov2- time|
subject, family=poisson)

I get this error message:

Error in lme.formula(fixed = zz ~ time + cov1 + cov2 ,
random = ~fact1 +  :
iteration limit reached without convergence (9)

I used

meControl( maxIter = 10000, msMaxIter=10000,
tolerance=1e-4, nlmStepMax=10000, msVerbose = TRUE)

But it does not work.

Could you tell me what is the error about? What does
the number in brackets mean?

Thanks in advance

Francisco