[R] understanding DWT

tom wright tom at maladmin.com
Thu May 25 18:02:25 CEST 2006

Can someone please help me understand the examples given in the dwt
function of the waveslim library
library(waveslim)
?dwt

I'm having a problem understanding these lines. I assume they are
required because of how the algorythm deals with the signal bounderies.
Am I correct in thinking that for wavelets of scale 1 and 2, the
coefiecints need to be shifted by 2 places, for scale 3 and 4 shift by 3
places, therefore for scales 5 and 6 do i require a 4 place shift,
similarly for scales 7 and 8 a 5 place shift?
ie more generally should the shift be ceiling(scale/2)+1

Many thanks
tom