[R] Building Libraries

Tarmo Remmel tarmo.remmel at sympatico.ca
Thu May 25 18:37:19 CEST 2006

Dear List,

I have just compiled my first R library for submission to CRAN; however, I
have a tiny problem with 'R CMD check' that is holding me back.  I have read
extensively the PDF document on Writing R Extensions and the 'Making R
Packages Under Windows' tutorial by P. Rossi.  All functions are given in R
code (no C/C++/Fortran) with two very simple demonstration datasets.  My
manual pages all seem to work, rendering properly with:

R CMD Rd2txt myfun.Rd
and
R CMD Rdconv -t=html -o=myfun.html myfun.Rd

However, when I call the check command (on a unix machine), I get the
following:

~/RWork > R CMD check aspace
* checking for working latex ...sh: latex: not found
 NO
* using log directory '/students/remmelt/RWork/aspace.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.2.0, 2005-10-06
* checking for file 'aspace/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'aspace' version '0.0'
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

* Installing *source* package 'aspace' ...
** R
** data
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in gettext(domain, unlist(args)) : invalid 'domain' value
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'aspace'
/usr/local/lib/R/bin/INSTALL: test: argument expected
 ERROR
Installation failed.
~/RWork >

Can somebody please help me dicypher these error messages?

Thank you,

Tarmo

Tarmo Remmel  Ph.D.
* MOVING TO YORK UNIVERSITY ON JULY 1 2006 *
Department of Geography
University of Toronto at Mississauga
Mississauga, Ontario, L5L 1C6
Lab: 905-828-3868