[R] normality testing with nortest

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed May 24 17:15:06 CEST 2006

<see inline>

Raymond Wan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, 22 May 2006, Rolf Turner wrote:
>> 	It is worth noting that if the null hypothesis is true, then
>> 	the p-value is
>> 		uniformly distributed on [0,1].

SG:  This is true in many but not all cases, and I think is a reasonable
approximation even when not exactly true.  Example:  Testing any null
hypothesis about a discrete distribution with only N possible outcomes
must produce N possible outcomes in the distribution of the p-value.

	  hope this helps,
	  Spencer Graves